RYSA Mini-Revs - Soccer Program for 3 & 4 year old children
**Children must have a date of birth between 8/1/08 and 7/31/09 to be eligible.
The RYSA Mini-Revs program is a fun introductory program designed specifically for younger players. The Mini-Revs program is centered on the children having fun while being introduced to the game of soccer. Children will have a positive environment where they can learn the game of soccer through playful training techniques and team-bonding activities.
The games & activities used in the Mini-Revs program are designed to encourage young players to participate, learn, and enjoy the game of soccer. Assistance is needed from the parents. Parent participation is strongly encouraged in the Mini-Revs program in order to give our younger players a sense of comfort. There are no set teams in the Mini-Revs program, all of the players are a RYSA team in the Mini-Revs program.
The Mini-Revs program is six (6) weeks long.
It will take place on Monday evenings at the RYSA fields.
The cost per season is $65 which includes a RYSA Mini-Revs t-shirt and a participation award at the end of the season.
The following items will be needed for the Mini-Revs Program:
- Every player will need to wear tennis shoes, turf shoes or soccer cleats. We suggest to first time soccer parents to try tennis shoes for the first couple of weeks to make sure that your player enjoys soccer and then make the investment in cleats after that.
- Every player will need to bring a size 3 soccer ball to every session. RYSA does not provide soccer balls and every week each player will need their soccer ball so please don’t forget this.
- All players will also need to wear shin guards. These are to be worn inside of the socks.
- Every player will need soccer socks also, these are not provided by RYSA.
- Every player will receive a shirt at the first session to wear.
- Please make sure that your player wears sports shorts, in other words, no jeans, khaki shorts or skirts.
You can buy all of the above mentioned items at Sports Authority, Walmart or Hibbett Sports all located in Conyers.
Please be advised that the Mini-Revs program involves fun skills sessions where we try to focus the players on dribbling, shooting and stopping or trapping the ball. The Mini-Revs program does not have teams or games. The sessions are training session used to teach the the basic fundamentals of soccer. We have found that trying to play actual soccer games at this age just does not work. The Mini-Revs program is the stepping stone towards the U6 soccer program where the teams practice once a week and actually play soccer games on the weekends.
For additional questions about this program, please contact the Mini Revs Director, Colin Wilson at email@example.com