RYSA Mini-Revs - Soccer Program for 3 year old children
**Children must have a date of birth in 2014 to be eligible**
The RYSA Mini Revs 1 program is a fun introductory program into the world of soccer specifically designed for younger children. Mini Revs 1 is centered around introducing the child to the soccer ball as a toy, and allowing them to learn what they can and can not do with it. Children will have a positive environment where they can learn about soccer and their soccer ball through fun activities and basic training techniques.
The RYSA Mini Revs 2 program is a bridge between Mini Revs 1 and our U6 soccer program. This program continues to show children what they can and can not do with their soccer ball. In this program, we also introduce children to the 1v1, creating a little competition through the soccer elements of dribbling, passing, shooting, defending, and tackling. With these activities, children start to see and understand group activities as they learn to play with others.
The Mini-Revs program does not have teams or games. The sessions are training session used to teach the the basic fundamentals of soccer. We have found that trying to play actual soccer games at this age just does not work. The Mini-Revs program is the stepping stone towards the U6 soccer program where the teams practice once a week and actually play soccer games on the weekends. Assistance is needed from the parents. Parent participation is strongly encouraged in the Mini-Revs program in order to give our younger players a sense of comfort. There are no set teams in the Mini-Revs program, all of the players are a RYSA team in the Mini-Revs program.
The cost per season is $65 which includes 8 sessions, a RYSA Mini-Revs t-shirt, and a participation award at the end of the season.
The following items will be needed for the Mini-Revs Program:
- Every player will need to wear tennis shoes, turf shoes or soccer cleats. We suggest to first time soccer parents to try tennis shoes for the first couple of weeks to make sure that your player enjoys soccer and then make the investment in cleats after that.
- Every player will need to bring a size 3 soccer ball to every session. RYSA does not provide soccer balls and every week each player will need their soccer ball so please don’t forget this.
- All players will also need to wear shin guards. These are to be worn inside of the socks.
- Every player will need soccer socks also, these are not provided by RYSA.
- Every player will receive a shirt.
- Please make sure that your player wears sports shorts, in other words, no jeans, khaki shorts or skirts.
You can buy all of the above mentioned items at Target, Walmart or Hibbett Sports all located in Conyers.
For additional questions about this program, please contact Ivey Suber at email@example.com